Tuesday, September 8, 2009

MOGHA MULL Experience


Whoever sees me has a common question to ask,"how did cinema happen?"It seems like it was destined to happen.I had come to chennai to catch up with the latest movies and also meet my relatives here.I was walking through pondy bazaar when i happened to meet a friend of mine,AKILAN KANNAN.He was talking to me and suddenly he asked me wether i would be interested to act in films.I was taken aback by this sudden happening yet i did muster courage to tell him a big YES.He asked me to go and meet the director immediately.It was too sudden and i was not even wearing the best of clothes, i was thinking wether it was really worth seeing somebody now, as i rushing to catch up with a noon show.Better sense prevailed and i embarked on the journey to meet the director, little did i realise that all would change post this meeting.I reached koturpuram housing board building and walked into a room where i met an IAS officer not realising that he was the director.Mr.Gnana Rajashekar. He seemed to be a very tough task master from the very outset.He asked me if i can sing and i said,"well iam the best singer in college."He said sing and i did,he continued ,"Now let me see how you act?"He gave me a scene and i had to go through the process which is called a SCREEN TEST.Iwas a little nervous but the city of BOMBAY,it was called BOMBAY then,had given me the guts to go through any grind..SALAAM BOMBAY oops SALAAM MUMBAI. The scene was a very intense one and i took on to it as if my whole life was hanging on it.I did a great job at least that is what my producer,JANAKIRAMAN,had to say.I was mighty thrilled that i had come to watch movies in madras,it was MADRAS, then..and now iam going to be in movies.WOW........But like all teleserials that tend to have a twist on friday episode, my life , too had a twist...Kahani mein twist hai...You can read about the MOGHA MULL experience tommorow..Till then cheers and have a great evening..............

5 comments:

  1. very interesting abi..like to know more about ur carrer journey..cheers n best wishes..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Shanky, welcome to the blogosphere.

    It was always a mystery as to how and when did u start...now I know ;-) keep doing good work as u always have

    ReplyDelete
  3. When is the next blog? What is the twist in the tale? Awaiting:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. புத்தாண்டு நல் வாழ்த்துக்கள்
    எனது ப்ளாக்கில்:
    பாட்டைக் கேளுங்க பரிசு வெல்லுங்க
    புத்தாண்டு பரிசு ஒரு வாரம் கோவாவில் குடும்பத்தோடு தாங்கும் வாய்ப்பு
    A2ZTV ASIA விடம் இருந்து.

    ReplyDelete